Greetings! I'm Nancy Poznak, your tour guide. During the tour I'll describe fascinating aspects of Baltimore's rich history and current events that have shaped Baltimore into "Charm City."
I have extensive professional experience speaking to groups as a college professor, health educator, and a former organizer of a large, successful social-Meetup group. I've lived in Baltimore since 2004 and love to share the many diverse culturalal aspects of 'Charm City" and the hard-working people who call Baltimore home.
There are many must-see attractions in Baltimore that cannot all fit into one-day sightseeing tours.
We visit four extraordinary locations in this tour, and en route we'll be sure to pass by significant, historical locations while your tour guide provides stories and facts that make the city come alive!
Dining out is an essential part of visiting "Bawlmer." Restaurants are carefully selected for their delicious, eclectic options, with some unique and some familiar foods that everyone can enjoy.
In the interest of health, sustainability, and environmentally-friendly foods, restaurants on this tour include substantial vegan-friendly foods choices as part of their menu.
WE WILL PRE-ORDER MEALS
For expediency's sake.
Meals are not included in tour price.
Meet at 9;45 am sharp.
Enjoy the year-round botanic gardens that feature plants from all over the world. The charming, historic buildings host varied native plants from tropical, desert, and Mediterranean environments.
Review and sign participant disclosure and liability release form. Download here and bring to the tour. Copies of the form will also be available when we meet.
Be ready to depart at 10:15 am for the next stop. We leave on time.
Inspired by African American Marylanders. Learn about the history you won’t find in history books!
Experience a plethora of art you'll never see in typical museums. Be moved by creative talents that inspire you think, feel, and explore your inner and outer world. That's what makes them "Visionary!"
Saturday, Nov. 24 includes the Bazzart Holiday Market with "hundreds of original creations by regional artists and craftspeople."
Dine on the top floor of the AVAM.
"Encantada reveals the symbiosis of art, food, dreams and reality. Drawing on the importance of 'roots,' both creative and culinary, we support regional farms, ranches, and aqua-culture, thus nurturing the concept of sustainability."**
PRE-ORDER MEAL: Iinstructions are emailed after your tour registration is completed. Meal cost is additional and not covered in tour price.
A quick stroll along the famous Inner Harbor where people visit from all over the world. Learn the fascinating history of the Inner Harbor. baltimore.org/neighborhoods/inner-harbor
Here's where we wrap up the day, get prizes, then say goodbye and happy trails! Group photo will be taken.
GROUP PHOTO will be taken at the Conservatory. The photo will be emailed to everyone and posted on BCCT’s website.
If requested, we'll take a second group photo that will remain private and emailed only to those who choose not to have their photo published online.
Photos will be taken throughout our tour and include only those who indicated, on their liability waiver that they agree to have their photos published, as described in the waiver form.
During the tour you'll have the chance to accept learning challenges, such as a crossword puzzles based on tour information and a treasure hunt.
Join this adventurous, entertaining, educational tour with lunch at Encantada, one of the most popular restaurants in Baltimore.
MEET PROMPTLY at 9:45 am at Rawlings Conservatory
>> Follow directions on the Conservatory website; GPS may not be accurate.
Starts promptly at 9:45 am.
Ends promptly at 5:30 pm.
• November 24
• December 22
PRICE: $95 (+ EventBrite booking fee).
• Gift bag with snacks
• Prizes for challenges
• Admission to both museums and Rawlings Conservatory/Botanical Gardens
• informative and entertaining talks and stories
• Free water refills (for the water bottle you're bringing)
Meal costs are additional and not covered in tour price.
ACCOMMODATIONS & WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Van or car, depending upon the number of tour participants.
• 10-person maximum, 4-person minimum.
• Minimum age is 18 years old.
• Must be able to walk 1/4 mile without difficulty or assistance.
• This is not a wheelchair-accessible event.
• Please do not smoke prior to coming to the tour or at any time during the tour, regardless of whether in the van or at a tour location
• Anyone who carries the scent of cigarettes, which is highly toxic, will not be allowed to join the tour, and will receive of full refund.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Cash or a credit card for meals and additional expenses such as souvenirs or anything not covered in tour price.
• Bring a water bottle; Free water refills provided.
• Wear good walking shoes, comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather.
• Umbrella, if raining.
NAME TAGS will be provided. Choose pin-on or lanyard necklace. Please wear these throughout the tour. Adds a nice touch and helps us get to know each other.
TOUR CANCELLATION & REFUNDS:
• 100% Refund if cancelled no later than 11:59 pm four days before tour..
• 50% Refund if cancelled no later than 11:59 pm two days before tour.
• EXTREME WEATHER CANCELLATION: Only if deemed a safety hazard. Choice of refund or account credit for another tour.
• NO-SHOWS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Baltimore's Inner Harbor a long, long time ago!
We try our best to let you know in advance what to expect.
If you are not satisfied please let us know and we'll do our best to make it right!
We're open to suggestions and feedback!
and we'll do our best to accommodate.
A follow-up feedback email will be sent to everyone after the tour.
Complete the feedback form to enter into a drawing for a prize.
Be the first to hear about upcoming tours, special events, and deals.